Tuesday 27 August 2013

Finding out I was pregnant

My lovely friend Jenna from ChicGeekDiary, did a post on this today and I couldn't reply on her post so I thought I would do my own post seeing as though it took me a little while to write it. So here is my experience of finding out I was pregnant.. 

My sisters had been telling me I was pregnant for ages before I actually did a test. I just shrugged it off and was like 'whatever'.. 
My periods were never regular and I had no symptoms what's so ever. I was also on the pill and had been for well over a year at this point.. So I just thought to myself 'they're just saying I'm fat' so I started to eat better and exercise a little more. 

I had been on holiday with my family for 2weeks and everyday my sister said to me 'I think your pregnant' it was actually winding me up and I kept taking offence. 
I ignored them because I knew in the very early stages of pregnancy you don't have a bump so I was quite upset I was getting called fat. 
A week or so after we got back from our holiday I was in sainsburys and went past the pregnancy tests and thought to myself I'll get one to shut up them up.. I was with my sister at the time when I bought it. I got home and did one and it came up negative.. I didn't feel that it was right though. I had convinced myself I wasn't but deep down inside I was a little sad to not see the line. It was a 2pack so I did the other one and yep you guessed it the line came up as I finished so it was a yes, your pregnant. I was so scared, I hadn't prepared myself for this result. I really wasn't sure what I was going to do as I was only 21 at the time. I went to the doctors and they booked me in for a scan. 
I turned up at the hospital for my scan, I went into the scan room and she did an ultrasound, I could see my little jelly bean on the screen and hear the little heartbeat. I could see his little hands and feet already, she told me I was already 9weeks so was already 2months into my pregnancy! I was so happy but scared at the same time. 
 
I was scared that I would be a rubbish mum because I'm only 21 and never even held a baby before but it's amazing how quick you slip into motherhood. My little dude is a very happy chappy, he constantly has a smile on his face so I must be doing something right. He also has an extra big smile for mummy that no-one else ever gets. It makes me so happy to know that he loves me that much.. He is a mummy's boy :-) and I love it 

20week scan, you can see his bones in his arm and hands and his little mouth open with his hand in. He still sucks his hand like that now! 

9 comments:

  1. Awww lovely read! Alfie was a great surprise and you are right! You make an excellent Mum!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I said I'm meant to sleep but I just read it ! Soooo cute your so lucky hun your amazing mum and he clearly loves u :) amazing how that little line was him saying hi!! I'm going todo a post like this but you can see my reply on Jenna's blog too!
    apinchofshaz.blogspot.com
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing when you see the line isn't it :-) so exciting xx

      Delete
  3. This is a really lovely post, I love the sentiment behind it and you calling him your little jelly bean, how cute! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your hard work is much appreciated. Nobody can stop to admire you. Lots of appreciation. حوامل

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superior post, keep up with this exceptional work. It's nice to know that this topic is being also covered on this web site so cheers for taking the time to discuss this! Thanks again and again! حوامل

    ReplyDelete
  6. حوامل I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

    ReplyDelete